My graduation

My graduation

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Julian Beever



I chose Julian Beever as my contemporary artist. Beever is an English artist who's famous for his art on the pavement of England, France, Germany, USA, Australia and Belgium. I like his serrealistic chalk drawings he creates on the concrete of city sidewalks.

Decription:
The image is done with chalk on a sidewalk. It shows a raft going down some rapids into open water with a crocodile waiting in the murks to eat them. The shores of the rapids are broken concrete. Beever made the raft large enough for two people to sit in it and make the surrealism even more real looking.

Analysis: This composition uses implied line

Interpretation:
I don't think there is much to interpret other than the crocodile appears to be ready to eat any rafting adventurers traveling down this waterway.

Judgement:
I love Beever's work and how he is able to create a three dimensional design on a single plane is amazing. I have included his web site if anyone wanted to see more of his works.
http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/

No comments:

Post a Comment